What is Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care?
The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care is a nationally recognised qualification based on competency standards from the Community Services Training Package. The competency standards have been developed under the National Training Framework and form the basis of the qualification.
CHC50113- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.
The Diploma is made up of 28 Units:
- Work legally and ethically CHCLEG001
- Develop cultural competence CHCECE001
- Ensure the health and safety of children
- Provide care for children CHCECE002
- Promote and provide healthy food and drinks CHCECE004
- Provide care for toddlers and babies CHCECE005
- Develop positive and respectful relationships with children CHCECE007
- Use an approved learning framework to guide practice CHCECE009
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk CHCPRT001
- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting HLTAID004
- Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety CHCDIV002
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children CHCECE016
- Maintain work health and safety HLTWHS003
- Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour CHCECE020
- Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children CHCECE026
- Work with diverse people CHCDIV001
- Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children CHCECE021
- Facilitate compliance in an education and care services CHCECE019
- Embed sustainable practices in service operations CHCECE025
- Nurture creativity in children CHCECE018
- Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood CHCECE017
- Analyse information to inform learning CHCECE023
- Promote Children's Agency CHCECE022
- Design and Implement the curriculum to foster children's learning and development CHCECE024
- Develop teams and individuals BSBLED401
- Build and Sustain an innovative work environment BSBINN502
- Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability BSBSUS501
- Provide leadership Across the Organisation BSBMGT605
The competencies will be assessed both off and on the job, and the training modules are relevant to what is reflected in today's workforce. All units of competency have a theory based component, which students will work through. This will be combined with "on the job" practical component.
Course Duration: 18 - 24 months
Whilst Child Care Services Training qualifications are open access, to ensure the success of an individual, CCCT's facilitators recommend that students have completed a minimum of year 10 and that their literacy and numeracy skills be at basic adult learning level.
Child Care Services Training uses a Language Literacy and Numeracy Tool, designed to identify individual students support requirements.
If a student does not meet the minimum requirements, our facilitators will recommend an introductory pre-vocational course to assist with literacy and numeracy skills.
For placement within services, students will need to provide evidence of a clear Police Check displaying their legal capacity to work with children.
Student Course Fees / Incidental costs
The cost of the course will be $5,040. ($180.00 per unit)
Child Care Services Training does not offer any fee concessions or fee exemptions.
- Materials Fee (This includes text books and other related materials) $200.00
- Departments of Communities and Social Inclusion Clearance to work with children
- Course and Qualifications Entry Requirements.
- Whilst Child Care Services Training qualifications are open access, to ensure the success of an individual, CCCT's facilitators recommend that students have completed a minimum of year 10 and that their literacy and numeracy skills be at basic adult learning level. If a student does not meet the minimum requirements, our facilitators will recommend an introductory pre-vocational course to assist with literacy and numeracy skills.
- For placement within services, students will need to provide evidence of a clear Police Check displaying their legal capacity to work with children.
Child Care Services Training is a WorkReady provider
Students may be eligible for funding under WorkReady*
Cost: $400 student co-contribution fee.
*Visit http://skills.sa.gov.au/ for eligibility and subsidy criteria
- 'Subsidies may apply'
- For more information contact Child Care Services Training.
Learning Pathways and Delivery Methods
CCST offers various methods of delivery for your convenience:
- Externally via a self-paced mode: this delivery is completed via a resource package that includes support materials, text books and assessment resources. For learners who are currently working in an early childhood context, you will be able to complete the on the job competencies in your workplace. CCST will contact learners fortnightly to see how they are going and offer on-going support and motivation. This will be via: email, phone and face to visits. Resources will be accessed by our online Moodle portal.
- We offer a Classroom based (face to face training) option for the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care. We deliver Certificate III over an 25 week period and this course requires a commitment of four days per week.
- Work placement will be organised by the facilitators in consultation with the learner. As a guide, a learner studying the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care will need to undertake a work placement. This is a requirement of 120 hours.
- For Diploma students, we have a facilitated training day scheduled for 1 day per month at our training rooms – we unpack 1 unit of competency per month. Study sessions and workshops may also be available to learners for additional support. Learners will have access to a facilitator to provide support as they work through their units of competency.
- Learners with previous study in the Children’s Services Training Package will be able to apply for National Recognition.
- Recognition of Prior Learning will also be discussed with all learners (if relevant) to appropriately recognise any previous learning. We have an RPL Information kit if you would like more information regarding this; please call Lisa Tregenza to discuss the best option for you.